German Entrepreneurial Residency Program
The German Entrepreneurial Residency Program is one of the premium choices for foreign entrepreneurs or third country nationals to be granted a residence permit, through entrepreneurial activities in Germany.
Germany is one of the world's most dominant economic powers with a GDP of over USD 3 trillion. It is the largest and most influential country in Central Europe and is known for its efficient production of high-tech products, innovation and high quality lifestyle. Germany is a hotbed of investments with many of the world's successful corporations having a strong local presence in this region.
Alongside a booming economy, Germany has an internationally renowned education system, playing host to some of the most prestigious schools and universities in Europe. German residents enjoy a very high standard of living, a modern and affordable health service and unrivalled travel infrastructure.
Germany's reputation as a pro-business and pro-immigration has helped create diverse, multicultural communities throughout the country, making it a welcoming and prosperous place for overseas citizens.
- Germany represents the economic engine of Europe and is ranked in the TOP 3 largest export nation worldwide
- One of the most politically stable countries in the world
- Free education system
- World class Healthcare facilities
- Excellent domestic infrastructure
- Stable investment environment
- International pioneer for climate protection and expansion of clean energy
Full Member Since 1958
82.79 Million (2017)
Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00)
USD 3.677 Trillion (2017)
Pursuant to the German law, foreign nationals may be granted German residency under Section 21 of the German Residence Act (Aufenthaltsgesetz, AufenthG). The entrepreneur will receive a three-year temporary residence permit upon their engagement, which is then converted into permanent residence in year four. Residency is extended to spouse and children who are under the age of 18.
- Program covers the whole family (spouse, children under 18)
- Free education, schools and universities teaching in English
- Seek exposure in the largest and most stable economy in Europe
- Freedom to travel within across 26 countries of the Schengen Zone
- Low entry Investment in Prime Real Estate in Germany
- High rental yields, with property prices rising on a yearly basis.
- No requirement for management experience or education credentials
- Eligible for citizenship/passport after year 8 of being residents
EligibilityCriteria for being eligible for temporary residence
- Engage in entrepreneurial activity in Germany
- German health insurance
- Residential address in Germany
Process & Timeline
Why Work with Us!
- Fast-track application supported by in-house legal counsel to assist in the application
- Strong relations with City to provide the entrepreneur an stress-free pathway to residency
- Local partners on ground to offer the entrepreneur business setup and market research services
- Creating multiple business opportunities in close cooperation with the city government
- Assisting our clients establish routes and engage in further business activities within the local economy
- Combined experience of more than 100 years of Real Estate market in Germany
- 100% application success rate
FAQs - Finance
Even if we receive only 1 applicant, we will source a project that will fit the investment size and will be subject to the approval of the applicant(s).
The management company (GmbH) will be taxed in Germany under German tax rules. The share in the Offene Handelsgesellschaft (OHG) is personal and will be taxed according to the double tax agreement between Germany and the respective home country as long as the applicant's primary residence is outside of Germany.
- Applicants pay a refundable deposit in order to reserve a unit in the residential development and confirm their allocation into the development fund. This initiates the application process for the "pre-authorization". In the event the "pre-authorization" is rejected, the deposit is 100% refunded to the applicant.
- Once the "pre-authorization" is issued, the granting of the Temporary Residence can be considered certain. At that point the total investment amount and associated fees have to be paid to a applicant's Trust Account managed by Brockhaus & Kollegen . The initial deposit paid shall be deducted from the overall balance due.
The purchase of the flat is paid in full by the applicant. Once the flat is ready, applicant may approach banks for financing. For the development fund, financing is possible on the Real Estate GmbH. Given the value of the investment, 50% financing is very realistic.
Yes, already with the Temporary Residence, the applicant can enter any Schengen country directly and travel within the Schengen countries for up to 3 consecutive months.
FAQs - Legal
On the basis of the initial application in a German Consulate or Embassy in home country a "pre-authorization" is issued by Municipal Immigration Authority. From that point the granting of the Residence Status is considered certain.
Yes, it can be considered certain as the criteria that have to be met are the same as for the granting of the Temporary Residence. The applicant has to be self-employed, be able to take care of himself and his family members in Germany and all applicants need to have health insurance. So as long as no criminal offenses are committed and the applicants do not apply for German social aid, the Permanent Residence Permit will be granted.
Yes it is valid all over Germany and allows for borderless traveling in all Schengen countries (Foreigners' law)
One spouse, children (until the end of their 18th year) and parents who need care can be included in the application. (Foreigners' law)
After a total of 5 years of Residence, 3 years of Temporary Residence plus 2 years of Permanent Residence, an application for a German passport can be made earliest. To apply for a German passport additional requirements has to be fulfilled (individual situation check & German language skills are a must)
FAQs - Other
The flat fulfils the requirement of having a German address for the 3 years of Temporary Residence. During the construction period, applicants will be required to rent a different flat to fulfil this requirement. Once the development is complete, the flat purchased can be used as the residential address for the remaining period of the temporary residence.
No, the applicant and his family members, who have applied for the Residence just have to travel to Germany to do the application in person. After that they can leave and receive the Temporary Residence card by mail.
Yes, however it will make the process more time consuming. So the simultaneous application is recommended
Ern Gruppe will manage the investments, including the flat. Third party facility management companies may be appointed.
The shareholders of the OHG together own 100% of the GmbH and therefore have full voting rights over the companies and assets acquired by the structure.
XIPHIAS Immigration helps you and guide you in every way to fulfill your dreams to settle in Canada. We have all the expertise to prepare your application and advice you before and after you come to Canada on how to accomplish the conditions put forth by the Canadian Authorities. Now is the time to take advantage of great life style in Canada. The opportunities are unlimited.Our Immigration Coordinators will reply your inquiry within 48 hours and provide you with FREE phone Consultation Service.