How to immigrate to Canada through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is a partnership between the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic Provinces:

  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • Nova Scotia
  • Prince Edward Island

Businesses is these provinces can offer jobs to eligible non-Canadians. With a job offer, you can apply for permanent residence in Canada through one of three programs:

  • high-skilled workers
  • intermediate-skilled workers
  • international graduates

Each program has its own requirements. Apply for the program that meets your work experience, education and the job offer. You must meet all the requirements of a program to apply.

To apply for permanent residence through the Pilot you must:

  • Get a job offer
  • Meet eligibility requirements
  • Get a needs assessment and settlement plan
  • Get endorsed by an Atlantic province
  • Apply for permanent residence

When you are approved, you can start working. If there is an urgent need for you to work, you can apply for a Temporary Work Permit.

Get a job offer

This is an employer-driven immigration program. You are responsible for finding a business in an Atlantic province that will hire you. We do not have a list of employers who are hiring.

The job offer must be:

  • from an employer in an Atlantic province (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, or Prince Edward Island) that is designated by the province to take part in the Pilot. Make sure the business is designated before you accept the job offer.
  • full-time (at least 30 paid hours per week)
  • non-seasonal

The different programs have their own requirements for the type of job and how long you will be working. See the National Occupational Classification (NOC) list to find the skill type and level for different jobs.

Your job does not need to be in the same occupation as past jobs. However, you must meet employment requirements listed in the NOC for the job you are offered.

High-skilled workers

  • Skill type/level: 0, A, or B
  • Duration: At least one year from the date you get permanent residence status

Intermediate-skilled workers

  • Skill type/level: 0, A, B, or C
  • Duration: Permanent

International graduates

  • Skill type/level: 0, A, B, or C
  • Duration: At least one year from the date you get permanent residence status

Meet eligibility requirements, including documents

You must meet eligibility requirements. These requirements are about your work experience, education, ability to communicate in English or French, and if you can support yourself when you reach Canada.

See the eligibility requirements.

You must also send us certain documents with your application, including:

  • Proof of your ability to communicate in English or French
  • A diploma, certificate or degree showing your education
  • A police certificate from countries where you have lived

Each program has its own list of documents we need. Details of these document are included in the application guide for each program. There is also a checklist for what documents we need. Review the application guide for the program you want to apply to. Make sure you can get the documents we need before applying.

Get a needs assessment and settlement plan

After you get a job offer from a designated employer, you and your family members need to get a settlement plan. An immigration settlement service provider organization will do a needs assessment and create a settlement plan for you and each adult member of your family. The plan will:

  • help you settle in Canada
  • tell you about the community where you will live
  • tell you where you can get help for you and your family

Give a copy of the settlement plan to the employer. Keep a copy for yourself and bring it with you when you move to Canada.

Get endorsed by an Atlantic province

Give a copy of your settlement plan to the employer who has made the job offer. They will need to send that to the provincial government to get your job offer endorsed.

If the province endorses your job offer, you will get a certificate of endorsement.

Apply for permanent residence

When you have your endorsement letter, you can start your application. Only apply for one of the programs.

Find the forms, how to pay the fees and submit your application for:

  • High-skilled workers
  • Intermediate-skilled workers
  • International graduates
We provide FREE online IELTS (English Language) Course.

XIPHIAS Immigration helps you and guide you in every way to fulfill your dreams to settle in Canada. We have all the expertise to prepare your application and advice you before and after you come to Canada on how to accomplish the conditions put forth by the Canadian Authorities. Now is the time to take advantage of great life style in Canada. The opportunities are unlimited.

Our Immigration Coordinators will reply your inquiry within 48 hours and provide you with FREE phone Consultation Service.

Email: [email protected]
Phone: +971-521 021 001